Overview of Services
MISA's programs and activities provide the following services to Campbell River and the surrounding communities:
- Family support through information, referral and orientation to the community.
- Assistance with forms, applications, and accessing government programs.
- Language interpretation and translation services.
- Multicultural women’s group.
- English conversation & social for immigrants 50 years+.
- Multicultural family place.
- Drop-in Multilingual Resource Centre.
- Citizenship preparation classes.
- Life skills and educational programs.
Multiculturalism and Anti-Racism Programs
- “Youth 4 Diversity” project
- Community “Annual Walk Away from Racism”
- “Multiculturalism Week” events
- Video and resource library
- Presentations, workshops and diversity training
Funders and Supporters
MISA gratefully acknowledges the support of:
- BC Ministry of Housing & Social Development Gaming & Policy Enforcement Branch
- BC Ministry of Citizens Service, BC Ministry of Advanced Education & Labour Market Development
- Citizenship and Immigration Canada, Human Resources and Social Development Canada
- Affiliation of Multicultural Societies & Service Agencies of BC,
- Chances Campbell River
- Family Place
- and other local and regional contributors
Thank you to all those who support bingo in our community. Campbell River Multicultural and Immigrant Services Association is an example of your bingo dollars at work.